You can download these instructions as a PDF here: One Piece – Bronco Fiberglass Door Inserts Installation
Tools Needed to Install the Early Ford Bronco Fiberglass Door Inserts
- drill motor and 1/8″ drill bit
- Drill stop or piece of fuel line
- Phillips screw driver
- Tin snips
- Socket wrenches
- Pop-rivet gun
1. Unbolt door hinges from post and remove door
Note: for a cleaner installation, carefully remove weather stripping.
2. Fiber glass inserts. Figure 1
CAUTION! Attaching the Bronco fiberglass door inserts threshold to the floor board could be very expensive. If you have an aux gas tank, don’t drill into it. Use a commercially available drill stop or a piece of fuel line to slip over the drill bit. Trim it so about 1/8″ of the drill shows.
4. Rear backing plate. Figure 3.
Position rear steel plate. You may have to trim the top of the panel for the best fit.
5. After installation, inspect your work and file any sharp edges or corners.
6. Both door inserts are installed the same way.